Sunday, August 15, 2010

Kopi Air and Discharge summaries..

1am : I guess i was really gawking at the TV screen during my call in labour room
after i cheekily offered the new mother to be " nak tengok TV si? -- *followed by a big grin "
The JM timing contractions suddenly quipped, " bila Doktor kali terakhir tengok TV? "
Maybe i was indeed unconsciously drooling in front of the 32" flat screen panel the other night. Hee. Before i could answer, came the familiar "cEaserrrr roOM 7" and i was up on my feet outta the room.

3am: "okay so you hold the os like that and poke it like... this.."*smile smile demonstrating ARM to Sue the new girl round the block. What followed that a minute later, was, i was pulling out a healthy rigorously crying baby out.. careful not to cut my fingers with the cord scissors (gosh-who designed such clumsy scissors?!)

6am : Still in scrubs and most of the time, smelling of liquor, with a mint in my mouth to prevent me patients to collapse from my halitosis, "Heloo mama*with a toothy grin ". ada headache? pening? rasa muntah? darah banyak si? baby BO ? PU? ... susu ibu paling best... palpate touch touch tummy for uterus ... repeated x 1000

8am : strict face *but with a*smile smile - "ze pt is blar blar from bla land.. vital signs are stable...plan is to.....but i think..."

9am : dunking imaginary donuts into --the-worst-ever-but-it-is-free-so-bear-with it-hospital-supplied-coffee-water, **smiling to myself thinking har! KPI time is 11, right on time! completing discharge summaries (x100000) in hopefully break neck speed with shaz ...
and that's my life so far till 9am in the morning yesterday..

**smiling does make a difference.
i guess i had so-nearly turned into one of them ---the dr_CTMMs.
Bless my angels who are so kind for introducing me Aunty Fish and her wonderful blog.
She woke me up from my zombie slumber.

Reminding a simple thing.
To smile.
For that smile would cross all boundaries, imaginary or real;
warm up cold hearts even in the dead winter of human goo.

And yes indeed
yesterday was different.
I actually felt a warm feeling wash over me.
as i was walking to the car, pass the tennis court, beneath the noon sun, warm breeze
and the beautiful ink blue sky dotted with cotton clouds .
i guess i was.
happy.
because of what i did for the past 24 hours?
most probably.






2 comments:

Auntie Fish said...

Dear XL, Never thought anyone would want to read my blog...I used to harass the girls to read it with ' dah baca ke belom, blog mama??! READ NOW!!!'

Now a real doctor is reading..shyla want to write...Whats butterfly effect? Hope it is a good thing. Auntie Fish

anak rumput said...

auntie fish,
plz dont say that!
you. are. great.

:)anak rumput. as always. hehe.